1987 Kawasaki 650 Stand Up...(PUMP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1987 Kawasaki 650 Stand Up...(PUMP)

Kinda a stupid question, I recently replaced the pump in my 650 with one in better shape.My question is, there are two lines a bilge,and a water feed into the motor..oddly enough i noticed another sort of nipple looking thing on top of the bilge line on the same side.I ran air through it, and Its the line that connects to the exaust pipe, right at the biggest bend in it, Is this right? shoud it be capped off? wont water get in ? or will water be forced out by the exaust.I have never seen this in a ski before.Thus I have never had this ski in the water yet.I wanted to be safe than sorry...THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP IN THE PAST
    Norm
    To Ski or not to Ski,,that is up to the weather

Hi;
    It sounds like someone might have installed a flush fitting, or you're talking about a bypass fitting. Does the "nipple looking thing" go through the hull?

A hull bypass fitting is typically used as one of the exits for a Ski's open loop cooling system, and will allow you to monitor cooling water flow while riding.

Dan

[ June 21, 2002, 11:25 AM: Message edited by: Bryan Glynn ]

Comment

It does have a flush kit on it,that is (T'd) into the water inlet and into the motor....The nipple in the pump area kinda looks stock..The ski was never touched Bone Stock..The line basically goes from the biggest bend in the exaust with 3/8 inch hose,runs over coupler cover,through the hull just ubove the bilge tube to the pump area wih 3/8 outlet right above the bilge hose in the back...(Just a note) It does have the telltale water outlet on the lft side from the side of exaust manifold through the side left side of ski... Thank for the reply [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Hi;
        That is a water exit. Obviously it would be tough to see with the Ski in the water, but if you run the boat on a stand with a hose hooked up to the flush fitting, you should see water exiting that bulkhead fitting.

Dan

[ June 21, 2002, 12:09 PM: Message edited by: Bryan Glynn ]

Comment

Dr. Done,

I blocked mine off since I put on a aftermarket exhaust. I don't quite remember how it was factory, but I do remember the hose going from the pipe to the connector on the bulkhead. If you ever swap the exhaust, just cap it. I scratched my head for awhile when putting my new engine in as to what to do with it until everybody said to just block it off.

Scott-

Comment

Well, After doing some research in my Clymer book, I found what I was looking for.It seemed to be a exaust water outlet that just went through the hull and out the back of the ski.I had It out this weekend and it ran GREAT!! Thanks for the input everyone,,Keep up the good work :D [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
            X