No announcement yet.

1993 Kawa Start Problems...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I apologize. I understand now. I haven't looked at the crank, though we can tell the case is totalled. Do I need to open it up and check out the crank to avoid another $200 (as listed on the Replacement part page).

Thanks for your help Bryan, I'm sorry for being such a nuisance.

Comment

No one said you are a nuisance!

The only thing on the crank we care about are the webs and ends. Unless your flywheel spun off and destroyed it you have nothing to worry about.

Comment

Ok I don't think that happened. [img]smile.gif[/img] I'm going to explore those other alternatives you gave me to see if I can find a casing. If I can, do I need to replace the broken one on the engine or can I just send it seperately to you?

Comment

Setup your purchase here first, and you can have any of those guys ship it directly to us under your name as the core - they work with us all the time.

Comment

Excellent! Which gasket kits do I need to do the install?

Also, if I buy the oil pump block plate, does that make the Ski pre-mix all the time? Do you recommend this?

Comment

You just need the Installation kit.

See this article regarding block-off procedures.

Comment

Bryan, well I let it sit through the Winter and I'm ready to make my purchase now. I'm contacting those alternative sources about a pair of casings. I should be ready to order by the middle of next week. Thanks for all your help last summer, I really hope I wasn't too much trouble.

Brad

EDIT: It shows on the site you lowered the cost of casings for my ski to $200. At that price it'd be more convenient to get it from you.

[ April 14, 2003, 03:18 PM: Message edited by: FLdash ]

Comment

Working...
                X