no power from zxi/ whats the compression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no power from zxi/ whats the compression

my 900 ZXI had a new kawasaki engine,in it when I bought it, anyway we forgot to hook up a cooling line and she got hot real hot! it stoped running ect. well we got it running again it,sounds great good compression etc but no power she Idles at 3000 but will run all day long with no problems I think my pump is bad I pulled a pice of rope out of it when we over heated the engine might as well do it right a engine and pump in the same day! I need the comp and head torque numbers maybe I blew a head gasket all the bolts were loose on the head and exaust Help Thanks, Steve [img]graemlins/cwm3.gif[/img]

PS. its a 1996 900 ZXI, anyone have a used pump?

Comment

when that same thing happened to my 1100 (hose lose from Kawasaki), had to replace head gasket and exhaust manifold gasket. good luck!!

Comment

You've got....isuues [img]smile.gif[/img]

Torque the head to 22 Ft. Lbs.

If you overheated and seized, you did damage to the pistons/sleeves, don't kid yourself.

Comment

actually it was my exgirlfriends 1100. when she left, it went with her. So she has issues. heehee. [img]/graemlins/cwm27.gif[/img] actually, it ran just as good after the overheat as before. i certainly have to agree that the overheat could have damaged it. she was riding it. dont know if it seized or not. as for jetwash, gaskets might not get the 900 going, but probably worth a try if he sees no damage when he has the head off. jetwash, bryan is certainly the expert here, not me. just sharing my experience.

Comment

I'm not an expert, but I do have a lot of experience [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

and we all appreciate you sharing your experience. when i got into skis in '96, there was nothing like this, and the dealer was no help. This Board is GREAT!!

Comment

Thanks Guys my engine never seized it just quit running LOL here is what I found out so far the moter is running good it has compression of at least 120 psi per hole my comp tester sucks time for a new one my pump shaft is fried the impeller ate the threads off the shaft so I'm ordering new I have a new Nu Jet 5. something for it is there a high limit temp thingie on these? someone told me it would blow the ignition fuse if it got to hot? my fuse was blown. I'm going to rebuild the engine this winter what kind of rebuild kits do you guys have? we rode it around all weekend just took it easy and I found the pump problem when we trailered it tonight, it starts up easy everytime and runs, maybe I got lucky for a change! Thanks [img]graemlins/cwm3.gif[/img]

Comment

'stopped running' IS SEIZING!

We have cranks, Top-end kits and complete engines - whatever you need.

Comment

Working...
                  X