Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine differencebetween SXI and SX

Hey guys,
    Is there a big difference in the port and exhaust timing between the SXI and the SX? What other difference is there on the engine that require them to have different ignition timings. Is the triggers on the flywheel different too? Do you guys have different 750 engines to acomadate both SXI and SX?
    Thanks,
    Mike

I'm not sure of any port differences. There are 3 different 750's and we only exchange like engines.

Comment

Hi;
      Yes, there is a big difference in port timing between '92-94 750SX cylinders and the more aggressively timed SXi cylinders. There are also differences in SXi cylinder porting...the first year '95 SXi has a slightly different configuration than the '96-01 cylinders. The SXi cylinder and head were updated again for the 2002 model...probably in an effort to reduce exhaust emissions.

Other than an upgrade in the stator winding insulation in '96(?) to improve durability, SX and SXi stators and flywheels are essentially the same.

Dan

Comment

Thanks Dan for clearing things up a little for me. Now I understand why the enhencer will only work with the advance plate on my 96 SXI.

Comment

Working...
        X