Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSD advance plate

Hey Dan,
    MAN!! The advance plate is not that easy to install. If I'm right, the plate is first design for the SX. The instruction looks so simple but for my SXI I had to get out the Dremel and grind some clearence off the cover and pickup. My question is, the advance plate thickness move the pickup in a little will it not lined up with the triggers on the flywheel good now? I started up and it ran, throttle sounds crisp and clean so I guess it's ok for now. I know the R&D advance plate comes with a thick gasket to compensate, should I go find a thick gasket?
    Thanks,
    Mike

Hi;
    Yeah, an MSD advance plate will typically need to be massaged a little to fit the SXi front cover, but you shouldn't need a thick front cover gasket. A slight misalignment of the trigger pick-up is fine.

However, be sure to use liquid threadlocker (I recommend anaerobic Loctite or Permatex "Green") on the pick-up hardware. Anaerobic threadlockers can be applied after assembly, and will "wick" down into the thread junction, but I recommend applying the stuff directly to the fastener threads during assembly.

Dan

Comment

Thanks for the info. I just quickly put everything back together to see if it works last nite. I'm gonna disassemble and apply loctite to the screws tonite that now I know it'll work fine.
      Thanks,
      Mike

Comment

Working...
      X