2000 1100 STX DI having trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 1100 STX DI having trouble

I have a problem I can't seem to figure out. I hope you can help. My Jet Ski, after working perfectly for 2 years, has started acting up. It will run at full throttle for about 5-10 minutes just fine, then it just dies. I took it in to a Kawasaki "Authorized mechanic" and after
    $185, he told me I had an exhaust leak and he fixed it. I put in new plug to top it off. another $50, not the cheap ones. Then I launch and it ran beautifully for about 5 miles at 1/2 to 3/4 throttle. It was getting dark and I had to take it easy. Then the next morning, it started fine and after about 5 minutes it died again. I towed up on the beach opened the seat. Checked the spark on each plug, it was good. Checked compression with my thumb. felt good. tried to start it and it just didn't fire. Opened the fuel filter. and checked the lines. All seem good. lots of gas on both sides of the filter. pulled the plugs all again. They had gas on the tips. So I seem to be getting fuel and spark, but it won't start. Then after a few beers and a couple hour, I though I would try again. It started right up!! Then I ran it for about a minute or two without the seat. It started to sputter and died. Not been able to start it again. What are the possibilities and probabilities of this problem?

You could have a sensor calibration issue, possibly a bad injector, maybe a fuel supply or pump issue. There is nothing you can check yourself on a DI - you will have to have a dealer hook it up to a diagnostic computer and check it out.

Comment

Do you know a dealer in my area that has the diagnostic Computer? I live in Encino, California, 91436

Comment

Re: 2000 1100 STX DI having trouble

You need to no if it has fire when it dies on you

Comment

Working...
        X