900ZXI TO 1100 BIG BORE..HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 900ZXI TO 1100 BIG BORE..HELP

I have a 900 that ate the front piston and really would like to do the 1100 mod to it. (1100 cyls. on 900 case)

I am having trouble getting a clear picture of what needs to be done here is what I have been told please anyone who has done this mod. please respond.

1) I have available at reasonable price 1100 cyls bored .5mm oversized. Also new crank in box my choice 900 or 1100. (already paid for 900 crank but he is holding shipment, the 900 crank he has was listed for jt900 (stx) I have jh900 (zxi) have been told all 900 cranks the same and fitment not a problem)

ITEM: I have been told that I need to bore my case top to allow for the larger piston....this I understand.

ITEM: Told I need to have the 1100 cyls shaved top and bottom if I use the 900 crank because of stroke length ...This I do not understand as my specs (per wiseco site)show same stroke length for 900 as 1100 just differant bore sizes..someone please explain.

ITEM: Told I may use my 900 exhaust by having it opened up in the throat to match the 1100 cyl...This I understand.

ITEM: stock carbs and intake and reeds usable with a carb rejet on 900crank/1100cyls.and head combo..I understand this.

ITEM: Told by person with cranks that the wrist pin sizes on the 900 series motor crank assy are smaller then on the 1100 series motors (according to wiseco site diff. wrist pins and bearing #'s so I assume this to be true) ...where would I obtain and which pistons would I use utilizing the 900 crank with 1100 sized pistons???

ITEM: Suggestion made to use 1100 crank in 900 cases if possible with case modification solving piston and stroke issues .....Is this is possible??? and what modifications are needed to cases and who can do this machine work.??

ITEM: Suggestion also made to use 1100 cases, 1100 crank, 1100 cyls,1100 head, (only extra item to buy would be 1100 cases) but would I then be able to utilize my 900 reeds,intake manifold, carbs,flywheel,stator,front cover,and electronics?

Anyone who is familiar with this mod. please respond my head iis spinning and I need to let people know which parts to send..

Try GroupK. They make a big bore kit for that motor.
    Bill O'Neal WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

Working...
    X