750 zxi oil pump block-off questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 750 zxi oil pump block-off questions

I took SBT's advice and put an oil block-off kit on my '95 750 ZXI SBT engine. I removed the oil pump and the oil tank and all the lines, and have plugged the oil lines into the carbs.

Is that all I have to do? I remember reading somewhere that Kawasaki's can sense low oil and go into power-limit mode to save the engine and I want to make sure that doesn't happen. Is there a way I bypass that sensor or shouldn't I worry about it?

Thanks in advance,

Craig
    - Craig<br /><br />'04 Baja 342<br />'04 GTX SC<br />'98 GTXL<br />'95 750 ZXI

I'm not sure whether the '95 ZXi had this system. But if it does, the way the computer knows the oil lever is low is through the sensor in the oil tank. On my '98 STX, which definitely has the safety which limits engine operation to 3,500 rpm when the oil level is low, it's necessary to fool the computer into thinking there is oil in the tank. I did it by cutting the wire from the sensor [about halfway between the sensor and the connector, this way, in the unlikely event I want to use the tank again, the sensor is usable], and making contact between the two wires. Use wire nuts or electrical tape to prevent corrosion and shorts, and you're done. Now the gage reads full at all times, and the computer doesn't cut the engine rpm.

If you don't have an oil gage or a low oil level warning light, you don't have the warning system. :D
    No more Jet-Ski's for this boy...

Comment

Gigi,

When I removed the oil tank, the wires unhooked from a harness on the port wall of the hull, up near the seat, kind of above where the exhaust pipe meets the waterbox.

So what you are saying is that if I cut those wires off of the oil tank, splice them together, and hook it back into the harness clip it came out of, it'll be fine?

- Craig

Comment

That's exactly what I'm saying :D

Gigi

Comment

Apparently our boats are different. When I spliced the wires together and clipped it back into the harness, the oil light would flash. When I unhooked it, the flashing light went out. Guess I'll leave it out.

Thanks again,

Craig

Comment

You're right, our boats are different.

Obviously, set it so your light is off, and the computer gives you full power, as you've done.

Don't forget to premix now! compute twice, pour once. This is one procedure you do not want to mess up.

Comment

Working...
            X