This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 750 SSXI Exhaust Leak?

Since I 've never been in an engine beyond a head gasket, I'm going to ask you guys.

I bought a 94 750 SSXI (real cheap) that was supposed to have an exhaust leak. I have had the exhaust off from the head all the way back. Nothing looked odd, cleaned up the gaskets and re-torqued to specs. It has a slight rumble, but there is still smoke in the compartment. Looks like it may be coming from the front of the engine. I also noticed some oil on the bottom of the hull.

My question, will exhaust smoke leak by the crank seal? And will crank seals from a 650 work on a 750? Just curious since I have seals for a 650.

[ June 19, 2003, 07:58 AM: Message edited by: Jax ]

If you see ANY smoke form the block itself, it needs to be torn down and rebuilt - if the seal is shot that means an air leak, and probably engine damage - you may need a new block. No the seals are not interchangeable.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

If there was engine damage as you've stated, would it still run good? It runs excellent, just getting the smoke and I can't tell for sure where it is coming from.

Comment

it depends on the size of the leak and where it is - it may run well for a while, or it may seaize shortly - I can't say without having it. Find the leak.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Re: 750 SSXI Exhaust Leak?

Is there a Drain Plug on the Right Side facing front of the Water Box? I start my ski and Water and fumes come pouring out into the hull. Please help........

Comment

Working...
          X