x2 spits raw fuel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• x2 spits raw fuel

My x2 was salvaged and did not run when I got it. I had new crank seals put in and rebuilt the top end. The carb was cleaned with a new diaphram.

The engine will idle, but will not take much throttle. When it does take some throttle, it spews raw fuel out of the exhaust.

Checked for spark on both plugs.

What next? Am I right to consider the stock reeds that were used??? Why it getting so much fuel?

Thanks for all responses.

rickshaw

*A* new diaphragm?? If the carbs were not actually rebuilt, do so now, and inspect the needle and seats - they may be worn and leaking, if the pop off is even set right.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. "A" diaphragm was installed because the stock single 28mm carb was used.

The rebuild was done according to Kawasaki's recommendation.

Is it possible that the pulse, fuel, and vacuum lines are the fault? I'm very confident the Pulse line is correct, but???

Thanks,
      rickshaw

Comment

It's possible but I would also rebuild or replace your fuel pump, or just upgrade to a SBN carb.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

andyv, thanks for the reply. problem #1 - never attempt a rebuild without a shop manual. problem #2 - never install the vent line and fuel line on the wrong connections!

that was my problem. I do have a 40mm carb and modified intake, but ran into throttle cable issue - too short and went back to stock for now.

thanks to all,
          rickshaw

Comment

you might verify that the fuel lines are in the correct routing with a service manual for your craft, i'd check the return line for blockage and them go back in the carb to see what's assembled wrong. a 44 would be good but is costly considering it's a $800 boat. [img]graemlins/cwm3.gif[/img]
            go away now please!

Comment

Working...
            X