just want to make sure....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just want to make sure....

i was reading about what was included and what would merrit extra charges for the silver 951 and i just wanted to double check...

i have pitting in one hole on the piston and head. my new $1100 engine comes with a new head and no extra charges? everything else in in good shape (it even runs still well). anyway, i've been advised by a few sources to tear down the motor to make sure the metal found in the top end isn't from the crank bearings and i would just assume not pay 2k just to "check". too bad, it's only got like 20 hours on it too...

Re: just want to make sure....

We do not charge extra for pitted heads. We only care about broken aluminum components, like a rod thrown through the block.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

another q,

in the installation instructions, i noticed there was no callout for the engine alignment tool... does this assume that if the old one lines up, the new one will in it's place? or does this still need to be checked? i kinda like the idea of not having to remove any of the driveline....

Comment

The Guides were written before we had the tools. It needs to be done by yourself or a dealer.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
        X