Motor replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor replacement

When a motor breaks from SBT within the warranty period will SBT replace the motor or advise the dealership that installed the motor to replace/repair the broken part/s. My ski has a scorched cylinder/piston. I was wondering if SBT will warranty the motor or just advise to replace the bad parts. Thanks

P.S. I was never told the used ski had a new motor in it and the dealership never broke the motor in.....

Link to photos:
    http://mywebpages.comcast.net/tpd211/ENGINE.htm

[ June 18, 2003, 06:01 PM: Message edited by: Trigger_Man ]

We never allow anyone else to rebuild the engine, we always swap it.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Hummm, I bought my ski from Turning Wheel Yamaha in Leesburg, Fl. and they said it had a SBT motor in it. The motor scorched a cylinder and I took it to them as they are going to warrant it. In conversation with them, they say that they cannot find the paperwork on the motor so SBT said they wont warrant the motor (red flag) My question to SBT is can you research and ascertain if a 951 motor was sold to Turning Wheel Yamaha in April or May or thereabouts. The dealer told me they ordered parts for it today (red flag) and were going to rebuild it. If I understand you correctly, a rebuild is not possible as it will require parts from SBT, is this correct? Any help is appreciated.
      Trigger_man [img]/graemlins/winkanim.gif[/img]

Comment

Anyone can certainly order our parts, we just never authorize repairs as part of a warranty fix/replacement.

Please email me your engine serial number and I'll tell you what's up with it.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Ski is at the dealer, Ill have to get the number from there........

Comment

Working...
          X