Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can i just peek inside??

Hello

I installed a sbt engine in a freinds suv1200 less than a year ago, he came to me last week stating that the ski wasnt running right, so i proceeded to check the fuel lines, filter, charge the battery and give the ski a going over looking for anything loose or worn....couldnt find anything.....checked the compression and found the readings to be 100 30 90...whooops....the plugs looked normal, i couldnt see anything on them like metal....

now for my question...

Can i just take the head off and look at the pistons to see if the cylinders are good...i would hate to take this engine out if its hjust a head gasket...and i would also hate to void the warranty..

Re: can i just peek inside??

If the head bolts are still torqued correctly, there is virtually no chance it's the head gasket - tey VERY rarely go out. It would have to be VERY loose to have that low compression. If I were you I would call in to Warranty and get it swapped.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

my friend called this morning and found out that he has only 6 days left on his warranty..so does that mean i have six days to get it to you or is it recorded that it happened before the six days is up??...also he said that she said the new engine wont have a warranty..is that true...you guys only warranty the first one...

Thanks for the fast reply by the way....great service.

Comment

You have 6 days to call and make the warranty claim. The replacement carries the balance of the original warranty. If you are making the claim at the end of the warranty period, obviously it would not have additional coverage, beyond obvious assembly/workmanship problems.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

thanks...the warranty part makes sense for you guys, there are probaly some people out there that would abuse it if you recieved a new one year no fault warranty with a replacement engine. all they would have to do would be to lean out a carb every 11 months to seize it and recieve a new engine......

now i have to pull this thing out this weekend...should take half a day though...but i wanted to ride mine this weekend:emoticonr

thanks again for the speedy replys..

Comment

Working...
          X