warranty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• warranty?

I have a defective motor as you all know........come to find out it was mashed orings between the cylinders and head, and who knows about the valve problem. I'm glad to hear SBT is willing to swap it, thanks sbt.

BUT, why the heck should i have to spend 80-100 dollars to ship it back because of "your" defects in assembly. I just think that is wrong, and i'm a little upset about that.

I have had problems with this motor since i have had it, i have replaced every possible thing tech support and Bill O have recommended and still having problems. This has been going on for months and still no fix.

I'm sick of dumping money in this thing, when leaky head orings could have been the problem the whole time, but what do i know.

Anyways, i just don't think i should have to pay to ship back your defective motor...cause, flat out, i can't afford it right now

I'll speak to Julie.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

DangSteve, chill out.

Julie said you called in and said you couldn't afford shipping. She made you a deal where we would cover the shipping up front and you could pay for return, which you accepted, and we already sent you a label as you know.

I asked her to cover all the shipping because of the possible o-ring problem, and she didn't know anything about it - she said you only mentioned the rave valve an that I authorized you to pull the head. So she would have had no reason to think she should cover all the shipping in the first place.

I told her about the o-rings and she is covering all shipping.

Comment

Thats far from the truth, i mentioned the orings first, then the rave valves.

Anyways, you'll get it back by the 22nd.

Sorry tech support, but i think you would be pissed to, if you had as many problems with your ski as i do with mine.

I'm not blaming you guys, i'm just sick of dumping money into something that has never been right, and still not right.

It all comes down to "I GOT SCREWED BY THE DEALER I BOUGHT THE SKI FROM".

I'm sorry for wigging, but this is just getting real old, and it is empting my bank account, and i am still paying on this **** ski.

Heck, i couldn't sell the thing if i wanted...nobody would buy it for what i still owe.

Anyways, i greatly appreciate you covering the shipping.

Sorry for venting, but i think you would to if you were in my shoes.

Thanks tech support and SBT

Comment

Tech support.

I was running it on the hose today just to verify that could be the problem...anyways, the nightmare continues. I ran it for about 10 miniutes to see if it was going to heat up like it used to, well, it didn't.

Well, it ran fine on the hose until all of a sudden it started to bog out and then it died.

So, i was like what the F***. I opened the hood and seen a ton of oil all over the place. I looked down at the pump and the 90 degree elbow fittin was not attached anymore, it fell out of the pump.

I immediatley turned the water off. I pulled the plugs, and spun it by hand. At first it wouldn't budge, but now it spins like normal. It's not acting like it did any damage, but who knows without opening it up.

I guess my question is, is my warranty still good?

I had to tell you, i'm sure you would have noticed an oil failure, but now i feel like an idiot.

Comment

Nice Steve.

Does 'Sit on your hands' ring a bell?

Yes it's still covered, it's a no-fault warranty...although it would have been nice to have the block in it's original condition so we could actually get some warranty data instead of just shelling out cash for the heck of it.

[ July 25, 2003, 08:43 AM: Message edited by: Technical Support ]

Comment

Guess i had that coming, i deserve it.

But the way i look at it, if i didn't run it this would have happened on the new motor, then i would be doing it all over again immediatley after installing the new motor. I inspect the pump each time, and i had no idea it was going to let loose, it looked fine to me.

I get your point though

Comment

Working...
              X