Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What damages will the warranty cover exactly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What damages will the warranty cover exactly?

Ok,
    This may be a dumb question, it may not... I have a 02' GP800R with a SBT engine (put in last Aug.) and this past weekend failed to start due to low compression in cyl. #1 (30psi), Cyl #2 by the way is fine at 120psi. I called SBT and filed a claim on the warranty hoping to get a replacement engine. I had the Carb replaced with new ones when the first SBT engine was installed and when I removed the block for shipment noticed an adequate amount of 2Cycle/Gas mix in the crank. In other words, I don't feel lack of Lube was the case.. but obviously don't know for certain since I am unable to remove the head. My question is, am I gauranteed another engine once I ship this one off, or may I still be liable for damages occured. Thanks, -Justin
    :emoticonn

Re: What damages will the warranty cover exactly?

The only thing that voids the warranty is disassembly. We will ship you a new engine and diagnose your failure no matter what so long as you don't disassemble it and are within your warranty coverage period.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Thanks, Thats great to hear! Will I have to pay the return shipping fee for the new engine? And generally, who long does it take for someone to recieve a new engine once they ship off the inoperable one? Thanks Again, -Justin

:emoticonw

Comment

Yes you pay shipping back, we cover it to you. It takes a couple days for diagnosis, then we ship the new block. This should have all been covered when you talked to warranty for the claim.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
        X