wrranty on SBT starter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wrranty on SBT starter

I THINK my starter is going bad.....whats the warranty on an SBT starter... Ive had it prolly 8-9 months..

thanks

ps- im a local

Re: wrranty on SBT starter

1 year. How are you testing it?
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

we havent yet...so it could be the bendix binding...pulling it out tonite....

Comment

actually ..what happened was..we got water in the motor...so when we were tryin to get all the water out...the starter started slowing down....this is with plugs out......AND we never got it started..( i know i know) soo the only thing i could think of doing is pouring tcw-3 oil and filling up the crankcase..so it wont get ruined....and it should be FUN getting that oil out lol...(HUGE MESS)

ps- i got a warranty till march with sbt on the motor BUT hell i dont wanna change it AGAIN .

pss-- this is an 99 XPL (surprise surprise)

Comment

You have no choice but to replace your damaged motor. Your starter may or may not be good but you won't know until you get that motor out and replaced. Oil will do nothing at this point, you have an anchor. Do not try and start it again or you may just do more expensive damage. Call in for warranty replacement Tuesday.
          SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
          We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
          Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

i pulled it out last nite...there was ALOT of oil in there lol....but DAMM i hate this boat.......we are having trouble gettin the exhaust bolts out..so when we getem out i will bring it down.....GOD DAMM I HATE THIS......lol

ps--- the starter nose was broken off even beforei pulled it out of the motor.....go figure..

Comment

Working...
            X