correct your web site info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• correct your web site info

I have bought 2 engines from SBT over the last year with no problems. Great service, strong motors, good parts, ect. I bought a used yamaha 650 waverunner knowing it needed a top end kit. I pulled the head & found light scoring on one piston. I found the top end kit on the website listing .5mm over & had my cylinders bored to this size ($60.00). Eager to get things running I called SBT to order. I was told SBT dont offer .5mm over and never have, just 1.0mm. I told the polite salesperson it was listed on the website, upon verifying they said it was a mistake and would be addressed. My problem is I have to go elsewhere to get my parts and spend more money, or have my cylinders rebored to 1.0mm. Either way, I'm out $$$$ because of wrong info on SBT's great new website............I'm trying so hard to be a loyal customer. THE FIX: stock .5mm over top end kits or remove them from your website so someone else wont be a victim like me.

Re: correct your web site info

I'm sorry I had a type on our new store. It was corrected first thing this morning after our Sales Manager let me know.

Tell you what, purchase our top-end kit and send us your cylinders. We'll upgrade you to the Cylinder Exchange Top-End Kit no-extra charge.

Just call in if you want to take advantage of this offer.
    Last edited by Technical Support; 01-11-2005, 12:02 AM.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Normaly you would get the pistons first and measure them first to set the proper bore size. But I have also wanted the .5mm size for a rebuild and had to go with the 1.0mm and wasted some of the cylinder life.
      Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

thanks for the offer but the problem has been fixed already.......its great to know you would work with me if needed. The cost of parts at dealer was $375.00 but I found them for $250.00 local. I checked e-bay & found for $160.00 ship included, but it was too late, already locked in at $250.00. Well, a lesson learned, but I will do things a little different next time. THANX SBT. I will be back soon.

Comment

Never bore a clyinder before you have the piston in your hand. They are not all the same diameter.
          Bill O'Neal <br>
          WCM
          <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Working...
          X