Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do you not have a SSL for CC purchases?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do you not have a SSL for CC purchases?

I am totally new to the ski world, at 47 years old, I am not new to buying online. Tonight I had to opt out on giving you my Credit Card number on my 1st purchase. Due to "NO SSL" ( a lock symbol in the lower right hand corner). I would plan on spending much more money during this season, but your website security is questionable. Is this going to be addressed? Do you need some help? I had to pay a $10:00 premium for COD delivery due to this issue. How many customers are leaving due to this issue? Statistics may prove that you may be losing as much as 20%, due to people that are familar with online purchases. This is 2007 and SSL has been around more than 15 years. I spend about 20k online per year, and this is the first website that I have seen, that does not use encryption. Now why should I have to spend $10 because you cannot keep up?
    Please answer these questions.
    Erich Jahn

Re: Why do you not have a SSL for CC purchases?

Yes sir we do have an SSL certificate and have for years since the store has been open, however I do see an error at this moment with the page code. I appologize for the inconvenience, we were not aware of the problem, and I'm fixing it right now.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Re: Why do you not have a SSL for CC purchases?

Fixed.

It was a typo from a site update just the other day.

I would be glad to cancel your COD order if you want to submit by CC now, or you can just call in and either leave a message or speak to Sales Monday morning and we can simply apply your CC to the order normally and remove the COD of course. Or just email us a call back number and we'll call you first thing Monday sales@sbtontheweb.com
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
      X