Thanks SBT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks SBT!

First let me say what a relief it is to ride with equipment that I can trust. The security of having a 2 year warranty on an engine is remarkable! Last year, when I got my motor, I screwed up the case during installation (my own dumb mistake), but Stephanie was great & had a new engine to my door in less than a week! I'm running a Kawasaki 750 big pin in a 550sx hull & the ski flat out rips! I also co-organize the motosurf event here in Va Beach year, WaveDaze. This year's WaveDaze will be October 2-4th and you can visit us at www.wavedaze.com & add us on myspace at www.myspace.com/wavedaze! SBT has been a great sponsor for us & they continue to be a great support to our sport!

Anyway, I did some work on my ski (non sbt parts) over the winter & thought I got everything buttoned up tight. That was until I was riding and my ski cut off & wouldn't restart. Turns out the starter fell off. Yes, as Ron White would say "it fell off, it fell OFF, it fell the F*** OFF!", hehe. I put it back on, but it fell off again the next day. Thinking that I had a possible cracked case, I called SBT. Even though Tom had a laugh at my expense, seriously, how does a starter just fall off, I haven't heard of that in 20 years of riding & he'd never heard of it either, he was a great help. Here I am bummed that I might have to take the time to pull the motor & get a replacement, creating down time when I could be riding, Tom was calm & gave me some good advise. He told me to me to get some known good bolts, put blue threadlocker on them & torque them to specs and see what happens. Turns out I used Yamalog bolts in my Kawi & it didn't like them. Put the right bolts in & I've had no issues since. I've rode 6 of the last 7 days, 2 of them surf, one overhead & the other chest high & my ski is performing better than ever!

I would like to say thanks Stephanie and Tom for all your help! Oh, by the way, if I would have needed a replacement engine, the turn around time on a 750 big pin at the time was only going to be 48 hours... Amazing!
Working...
X