What's up with your carb kits??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's up with your carb kits??

I recently purchased 4 of your carb kits to rebuild 2 sets of carbs on a pair of SeaDoo GTXs. Over the last 2 days I finally sat down to clean and rebuild them. On both sets I had the exact same problem. When rebuilding the fuel pump on the MAG carb, I could NOT get a good seal between the base and the pump block. I used the o-ring and gasket from all 4 kits and had the same issue. I tried the other set of carbs thinking something was perhaps wrong with the first set of carbs but could not get a seal on it either! After 4 hours of attempting to get your kits to work I finally had to purchase 2 Mikuni factory kits locally to get the pumps the seal.

What gives? Your website states that your kits are Mikuni, but there was a definite difference between the REAL Mikuni gaskets and yours. The real kits had slightly thicker and larger gaskets than yours. They actually fit the entire surface or the carb base instead of leaving a small exposed ring around the entire perimeter of the base. I didn't have a problem with the seal on the non-pump PTO carb, only on the pump bearing MAG side of each pair. I have not had problems with your kits in the past but the 4 kits this time were junk! I am assuming that you are not selling REAL Mikuni parts and your aftermarket supplier is not doing you any favors with the junk fuel pump gaskets in your current kits!

I also have 2 more of your kits on order to rebuild another set on a XP but those will probably be coming back your way. I am very disappointed in the quality of your product this time.

Re: What's up with your carb kits??

Please contact SBT as soon as possible. We have pulled the carb kits from inventory and measured the O rings and gaskets you are referring to and found no issues. We would like to speak to you, so we can have you ship them back for evaluation.

1-877-330-0231
    Thank you.

Comment

Working...
    X