Buying dead 96 XP. wish to build 65 mph ski

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying dead 96 XP. wish to build 65 mph ski

Purchasing a dead XP for 1,100 bux [img]smile.gif[/img] .. Its complete with trailer,cover everything. Looks great only 50 something hours on it. But shes siezed up. Dunno if its just the top end or bottom end also.

Question: I want to build this baby from the ground up. Looking for 65 mph pump gas perfomance. Does anyone have a engine parts list I can use to build this ski. We are working with a 787(800) Series engine. I am looking to do this as reliably and economically as possible.

-Nate [img]graemlins/evild.gif[/img]
    Nathan Daniel<br />96 Sea Doo GTX<br />97 Kawasaki STX

Well, we can hook you up with a trued and welded crank for $275 [img]smile.gif[/img] You'll need that to start with, that's for sure!

Comment

Reliable, econonical and on pump gas too. Big order.

Nate, If it were that easy we would all be doing it [img]smile.gif[/img]

Realisticly, you can build a 785 to go into the lower 60's on pump gas, but you are always at risk of engine trouble if you push it just a little further and into the mid 60's. Most guys will at least run some sort of better grade fuel. Personally, I have had luck using AV gas and it sells for about .50 higher than premimum pump gas at our local airports.

The list of parts is a FPP Spec 2, Solas or Skat Trak 23 pitched slimline type impellor, R&D nozzels, carb filters and re-jetting, milled head or head mod, and of course an aftermarket rev limiter or re-programmed MPEM. Alot of trial and error tuning to get it just right for your local riding conditions and presto, you have a ski capable of 62 to 65 mph.

It can be done.
      Bill O'Neal WCM
      <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

Working...
      X