Are Nu-Jet impellers any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Nu-Jet impellers any good?

The reason I ask is Impros has them for 160. This includes there balancing and pitching to ensure for accuracy from the factory. They also include the impeller seal (?) and the impeller splined wrench tool. It will go on an SL 750.

Tom, The Nu-Jet is a top speed impeller. It will never be a good bottom end and rough water hook up impeller. All the newer Polaris' have the Nu-Jet's stock and they are probably fine for smooth water top speed drags but I personally prefer bottom end and hook up. Nothing worse than grabbing a fist full of throttle and not launching instantly. You can gain close to 1.5 to 2 maph with a 5.0 pitch but bottom end will suffer. How do you think the '01 SLX tops out at 64 mph when before it topped out at 62 mph? The difference is the Nu-Jet that Polaris went with but acceleration suffered.

Comment

I agree, I prefer acceleration instead of top speed. What would you recommend. Skat-Trak or Solas.

Comment

Skat Trak Swirl all the way for acceleration and hook up. An Impros tweaked 13/18 worked well for me on my SL750 with limited mods.

Comment

the solas concord 12/18 is sweet too. [img]graemlins/spit.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/buck.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
          X