Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ? for Bill O -- rev limiter on SeaDoo

Bill,

In a previous post you mentioned a reprogrammed MPEM or changing out the rev limiter on an XP 800. From rec.sport you might remember my HX for trade (traded with JTCURIOUS for a '96 XP). The XP has a lot of mods but I'm not sure about the electronics. I pulled apart the MPEM and everything seems stock. Is there any way to tell if the MPEM was reprogrammed? What would that buy me as far as performance? Is reprogramming a service that you offer?

thanks,

Brian

Brian,
    How many rpm does this modified XP turn when you are riding it ?

Most modded XP's will spin much more than an oem rev limiter will allow ( around 6950 rev limit ).

Chances are, yours is allready re-programmed. Did you ask the last owner if it is reprogrammed ? Is it turning more than 6950 rpm ? Is it banging on the rev limiter at WOT ?

It takes Horsepower to make a motor turn more rpm. Re-setting the rev limiter will not make horsepower, and not make it turn any faster than it is now, unless it is allready hitting the rev limiter.

We do offer re-programming of the 1996 CDI as long as the last two digits of the nippendenso part number on the CDI end in eleven and not ten.
    The CDI is located oppisite of the MPEM in the top of the grey box. To see the Nippondenso part number, remove it from the holder and turn it over, unless of course, you can read the number without removing it.
    Bill O'Neal WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

Bill,

I hit the rev limited at WOT but I think that it's because I can't keep the darn thing in the water. I'm only 130lbs. and that XP hops all over the place even with the pump trimmed down. I'm looking into picking up some R&D 3 degree trim tabs for it to see if it helps. It currently has a Inventioneering grate, R&D ride plate extension and some carbon fiber looking trim tabs. Anyway, I'll check and see what the numbers tell me. Unfortunately I haven't installed a tach yet to see what I'm turning. I know that makes it difficult but remember that I'm comin' off of an HX! [img]smile.gif[/img] Heck, I'm thrilled just to have a gas gauge!!!

The previous owner didn't have the ski but a few months and is just entering the sport. Maybe it would be a good idea if I contact the owner previous to him. Somebody put a lot of time and money into this thing and I'd like to find out everything that has been done to it.

thanks,

Brian

Comment

Working...
      X