No announcement yet.

World Championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Bill , what happen to riuz in the 1200 main did they black flag him or not?

Comment

Blew,
      I cannot give ALL of the details of Gimmie's boat, but he has a very similiar motor to a Miller 1050, right down to the porting specs. This is only part of the items that made him so fast. His hand built twin pipes gave him a bunch of extra rpm and speed, his tititanium pump gave him some better accelleration and lighter weight... The list goes on...
      I saw a black flag shown to Ruis as he passed the startline on the 2nd or 3rd lap. He had pulled off the course the previous lap and re-entered with the leaders. I think the sentiment was that he was interfering with the leaders. In all reality, he did have the right to try to unlap himself, and IMO, he was not holding up Mac Cluggage a bit.
      Bill O'Neal WCM
      <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

Bill, Good to hear of another successful trip to Az. bad to hear about the "expert" (that wasnt) and your RXX decapitation.......

Can you tell me what the engine mods were on Derrick Parkers' HX ? just the basic layout/setup since I am sure you need to keep your Intellectual Property specifics........

Thank You,

David
        DAVID_HX_XP_RX-DI

Comment

David,
          Parkers HX was like so many others we have built over the past 5 years, except that his had a slightly smaller bore size due to the fact that our sleeve maker got stuck in England during the WTC fiasco and we were unable to get the sleeves in time to make his clyinders bigger. His motor was 754cc's, 20cc's smaller than the others. The motor had some of Millers best clyinder and case porting and the new Miller race head on it. I used 46mm Full Spectrum carbs on a billet intake manifold match ported to the oversized ports on the cases and the case brace. I ground my own rotary valve timing from an oem valve. I used the RAD billet front cover with adjustable timing knob, two pickups and the MSD digital ignition and two single tower coils. I used a heavy fluid dampner on the PTO end of the crankshaft and a RAD lighweight total loss front flywheel. The crankshaft was new oem, trued and welded. The motor sported Yamaha pistons and my spacer plate.
          We used a Factory Pipe HX system without ecwi. A 1995 driveshaft into a Skat Trak C pump with 1.5 inch setback and R&D nozzels.
          I put about 10 minutes on the motor at the local lake, and never really had to do much else to it to race it. It probably was running a bit fat at the races. The pistons looked almost perfect after the races, so I reassembled it and will be shipping it to Derick next week.
          Bill O'Neal WCM
          <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

Working...
          X