best top loader for 97spx x4 hull

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best top loader for 97spx x4 hull

I live in Michigan and ride on inland lakes. After a few boats get out or a mild wind, the water has a light chop. I cannot get the back of my seadoo to stay hooked up. I currently am using a works top loader and a x0 prop. If I switch props to a concord or a swirl, I get the hook up and loose top speed. Is there a top loaded that can let me leave the x0 on, stay hooked up and not sacrifice as much top speed as switching props does? I have heard a lot of jet dynamics and used one on my 440 standup years ago but for the x4 haul, they offer 2-3 versions. Which one should I use? Everything I read loves that X0 prop for all around riding but when you cannot keep it hooked up, it does no good. Please any assistance will be helpful.

Thank you,
    Dino

There is nothing like a swirl for those conditions. Jet Dynamics has their deep grates that do better in choppy waters. But either of these will definately scrub off some top speed on smoother waters. Your average speed across the rough water will increase though.
    Bill O'Neal WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

Dino,

I've heard that the Jet Dynamics #17 works good for heavier chop and the #16 is good for light chop. Just repeating what I've heard...

Brian

Comment

Working...
      X