water injection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water injection

can i add water injection to my stock sea doo spx 720 and will/can i benifit from it in any way?

if so do you sell a kit?

after putting some aftermarket sponsons on my ski really boggs now when turning so i would like some better bottom end and dont wanna sacrifice top end with a low pitch prop.

top speed is fine just need some more balls!

[ July 11, 2003, 09:24 AM: Message edited by: cameron da river rat ]
    cameron "da river rat"<br />3x pro runabout 720 engine blower!<br />(jetskianist~adictionist~modificationist)

Yes, I sell a universal water injection kit for $200.00

With proper jetting in the brass fittings, you can see improvements in power.
    Bill O'Neal WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

how do i buy??? and how much power does it give me???
      cameron "da river rat"<br />3x pro runabout 720 engine blower!<br />(jetskianist~adictionist~modificationist)

Comment

Call me at 626 914 9509 M-F 9am to 4pm PST.

Water injection provides the boat with more bottomend power and torque. It will not make the boat faster, just quicker.
        Bill O'Neal WCM
        <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

bump [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

thats what im lookin for!!!!

Comment

hey bill, i got your ecwi kit in today, it was supose so be for a 720 but you sent installation kit/instructions for a 785 spec 1.

im sure they are the same but would like the installation instructions/kit for a 720. not too worried about the gasket but just need to know where to drill and splice stuff...............

thanks............

oh, yeah it has a 95xp's (720) exhaust system on it. you know, the one with the removable head pipe but the stinger cone is fixed, opposite of the 96 spx exhaust i took off. if that helps any...............

[ July 21, 2003, 11:38 PM: Message edited by: cameron da river rat ]

Comment

That is what they call the "universal ecwi kit", although it comes with directions to install on a Spec1.

You do not need to drill any holes to install this on a FPP HX pipe. The HX pipes all come with water injection when new, and the holes are allready in the headpipe.

[ July 22, 2003, 09:48 AM: Message edited by: Bill O'Neal ]
                Bill O'Neal WCM

Comment

thats even better!

when you said with proper jetting in the brass fittings, you can see improvement, what proper brass fittings are you reffering to?

the instructions talk about a brass spray nozzle that inserts into the pipe, am i suppose to have one?? cuz i dont.........i am having trouble understanding the instructions for the micro touch thingy...... [img]graemlins/spit.gif[/img]

never mind the spray nozzle thing, i found it in the bottom of the box with all the foam peanuts, it must have came out of the package.

[ July 23, 2003, 08:31 AM: Message edited by: cameron da river rat ]

Comment

Some people put a mikuni jet in the brass fitting before the solenoid to limit the water going through it.

There is a lock nut and screw at the front of the headpipe that makes huge differences in getting max pm from an HX pipe too. Try adjusting it and watch your tach.
                    Bill O'Neal WCM

Comment

the pipe i have had a brass main jet screwed into the brass elbow going into the head pipe. this locknut im not familiar with though??? will more water give more bottom end and less more top end???? on the micro touch thingy, do i wrap the yellow wire around both spark plugs at the same time or around the mag wire and then the pto, or does it matter???? how or what speacial things should i do to my spx for the best bottom end power, i'm not looking for max speed, but if i can get the best of both worlds that would be great!

Comment

I thought you have an HX? I'm confused?
                        Bill O'Neal WCM

Comment

no hx but has a pipe just like an hx. i took the stock spx pipe off.

Comment

Wrap the yellow wire around both sparkplug leads.
                            Bill O'Neal WCM

Comment

so i dont need to drill and tap??? if not where do i put the spray nozzle? there is a small brass fitting coming from the top of the head pipe going to the stinger section of the pipe. a fat brass elbow going into the bottom of the head pipe where it meets the clamp. and a small brass fitting just below that. which one injects water, the bottom small elbow???

Comment

Working...
                              X