Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i think my carb is messed up????

the carb is a 46mm mikuni square body

when i crank the motor and look in the carb it is squirting gas in to the intake. i dont think this is right. i took it all apart and cleaned it out with carb cleaner and blew it out with the air nozzle and i checked all the seal's and diafram's and they looked good and are not messed up. i put it back togeter but have the motor out becase the guy that put the motor in before i got it didnt put the motor bolts in very good because 2 fell out and the motor was rocking back and forth. lol

let me know what you think this might be

First, you need a rebuild kit, you can't reuse the gaskets and diaphrams. Second, you need to test the pop-off pressure, and probably replace your needle and seat.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

the needle and seat look fine but i will replace it to be sure. do they come in the rebuild kit?

it doesnt have gaskets it has o-riongs well there not in the shape of an o but you know what i mean.

how do i test the pop-off pressure?

Comment

With a pop-off pressure gauge. www.pro-tecperformance.com and www.rivayamaha.com sell them for about $50.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

to my knowledge...no rebuild kit comes with needles and seats.

Comment

I sell needles and seats and pop off guages too. 626 914 9509
            Bill O'Neal WCM
            <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

could bad reeds couse this to happen???

Originally posted by black92lx:
              the carb is a 46mm mikuni square body

when i crank the motor and look in the carb it is squirting gas in to the intake. i dont think this is right. i took it all apart and cleaned it out with carb cleaner and blew it out with the air nozzle and i checked all the seal's and diafram's and they looked good and are not messed up. i put it back togeter but have the motor out becase the guy that put the motor in before i got it didnt put the motor bolts in very good because 2 fell out and the motor was rocking back and forth. lol

let me know what you think this might be

Comment

Working...
              X