800 crank case cooler.?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 800 crank case cooler.?

The XPL DI has a crank case cooler OEM and I know a guy who has one fitted to his super stock 800 SPX, I dont think its the cooler off a XPL I think it is a specially made unit for the 800.......
    Where does the water go/flow?
    And how are they made?
    I havent see any of the coolers , 951 or 800,
    anyone had any experiance to share with me?
    Thanks.

[ February 24, 2004, 02:15 AM: Message edited by: 99 SPXer ]

It's just a plate on the bottom that's plumed intot he regular cooling lines. Unless you have a SS ski or a DI you don't need it.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

The guy you know must have 800 RFI cases.Sea-doo put case coolers on the FI 800 model.

Comment

We made case coolers as far back as 1993 for our racing motors.
        Bill O'Neal <br>
        WCM
        <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

So then Bill,
          In your 11 years of experiance with case coolers what is your opinion on them?
          Why do you need them on a DI ?
          & would a limited or even a stock race boat benifit from one?
          race jase ......get my XPL glove box or you will be the one pushing up daisys.! LOL

Comment

Engines benefit from cooler intake charges, that's why people use intercoolers on their intake systems.

A two stroke uses the cases as part of the intake system, so keeping it cooler only makes sense. A cooler intake charge makes more power.

Check your rulebooks. Adding a case cooler to a limited motor might be illegal in AJSBA, IJSBA racing. But, if the cases came with it, then it would be legal.
            Bruce was first introduced to case coolers when he bought an engine from us about 7 or 8 years ago. It was a Miller modified motor and it had a case cooler on it.
            Bill O'Neal WCM
            <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

jase bruce skellton made my case cooler,cant tell you how it is plumbed or else i would have to kill ya!
              #racejase#

Comment

If anyone would like to see photos of one fitted to a 650X race engine bored and stroked to 800, e-mail me and I will send it to you. It is an early Miller setup.

Louis

Comment

Working...
                X