Install Q's on WC Billet Exhaust Outlet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Install Q's on WC Billet Exhaust Outlet

I'm having trouble installing the WC billet exhaust outlets I have for my 3 96 X4 hulls. I have tried each outlet in each hull, and I'm having the same problem each time.

It seems that the hull is too thick to accomdate the threads on the outlet. More simply put, I cant grab any threads on the male half of the part with the female that screws on from outside the hull.

Someone told me that they had to have thier's machined down to fit, but I cant believe that WC would make so many of these things if they needed further work for installation.

I have a copy of the old instructions from Westcoast and they say nothing of modification to the hull or to the outlet other than the sleeve that slides inside of the outlet.

Any insight / help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Andy Graham
    andy.graham@kuhnflowers.com

Andy,
    Those were made for their carbon fiber hulls back in 1996. Carbon fiber hull were much thinner at the transom.
    Bill O'Neal WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

Yep, I forgot about the good ol' days of the Mod Class, that was just about when I was getting into the sport.

I guess I could sell them off, but they look so **** cool! : ) I might take them by the machine shop and see what kind of magic they can work.

Thanks Bill,

Andy

Comment

Sometimes you can move the outlet to the outside ( further away from the pump support) and find a spot to put them that is much thinner. There is an embedded aluminum plate behind the pump area that does not extend all the way across the transom.
        Bill O'Neal WCM
        <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

Working...
        X