2 baffel vs powerspray waterboxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 baffel vs powerspray waterboxes

Does the tony ducas powerspray waterbox really give you 2 to 4 more hp? They say the powerspray one is really hollowed out good. They sound sweet thats for sure. then i hear they actually slow the ski up.

thanks
    eric

They do nothig but annoy everyone else with the sound, and lighten your wallet.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

They will make your ski louder and usually slower...nothing else.

John

Comment

I think no one knows much on this subject because i'am getting many different answers. Anybody have hardcore facts.

thanks
        eric

Comment

Plenty of people know including the Race Teams. The reaosn the OEM waterboxes are retained when possible, is because they give the best performance. The aftermarket boxes, like we said - only make it more annoyingly loud to everyone around you, and cost money. Zero performance gain. Go ahead and buy one - you'll see! Make sure you do back to back GPS/Radar tests to see the difference.
          SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
          We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
          Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

ok, i'll keep the stock one then, tony ducas claims they have one without baffels for better air flow.

thanks
            eric

Comment

well i guess factory pipe one of the most popular and respected pipes in racing makes them so when they say they give you an increase it's false advertisment on there part,

factorys pitch is the following

Factory pipe was the first to make aluminum waterboxes, and is still the leader. Designed to compliment the stock pipes as well as performance exhaust systems. Generally only slightly louder than the stock waterboxes while DELIVERING BETTER THROTTLE RESPONSE AND A BETTER TONE oh well to each his own i guess

Comment

Jetracer,
                No it is not false advertising.

There are many different models of jetskis and each has a different waterbox. FPP makes some waterboxes that add power for the models that need the different waterboxes.

Although some race teams use the oem waterboxes, it doesn't mean they have not modified them by cutting them open and making some changes to the baffels.
                Bill O'Neal WCM
                <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

Bill,

Whats you thinking on this, should it get the tony ducas powerspray that is hollowed out or stick with the oem.

thanks,
                  eric

Comment

;0)

Comment

we all just want to go the fastest and beat everybody on our local lakes lol

Comment

No question, stay with the oem box.
                        Bill O'Neal WCM
                        <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

I saw no difference either way...But after I heard the dukas box I had to keep it. But then again I'm on a lake where being seen and heard are the name of the game. If your using it at your little lake cabin you WILL annoy the neighbors!!
                          97 SPX built to go fast, and jump...What YOU got?

Comment

Working...
                          X