easy F/A and jetting questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• easy F/A and jetting questions

New to this so these are probably simple questions.

Flame Arrestors - Replacing the factory airbox with FAs looks like it opens up the carbs, how do they keep the water out?

Carb jetting - I have been reading this site for a while and just have a quick question. I am thinking of getting a FA and jetting kit from watercraft magic. What all is involved in rejetting carbs?

When doing this combo, what else should I be concerned about or what other changes need to be made?

Thanks

Every ski has flame arresorts - on a stock ski it's a small flat wire mesh, kind of like a kitchen hood grease filter. It's sole purpose is to dissipate any backfire flame coming throught he carbs - for Coast Guard compliance.

The overall design of a stock airbox, is much more restrictive than a completely open aftermarket design. Most of this is due to the manufactures wish to keep as much water and debris out of the engine as possible.

True, it's easier under some circumstances to injest water with most aftermarket filters, but those conditions are rare - such as a leaking water line or fitting spraying near the intakes while running. Most likely, if that happened, the stock configuration would allow injestion also anyway.

Some Aftermarket FA's have available what are called Outerwears. Basically waterproof socks that slip over the outside to repel and spray. It's not needed unless you are dong hard core riding, tricks, rolls, etc.

Rejetting is easy - you remove the carbs from the ski, and remove 4 outer screws and 2 inner screws from each carb, then just replace the jets with the kit parts. Put it back on and go.

The only thing to take note of is - replace the carb base gaskets whenever you remove the carbs.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

cool, thanks you guys are great.

Comment

Working...
      X