what kind of rmp/top speed should I be seeing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what kind of rmp/top speed should I be seeing

Just got my new impellor today and was wondering what I should be seeing for RPM and top speed.

97 GTX
    Factory Pipe Spec 2 w/ecwi
    F/A
    Worx grate
    Solas Concord 14/22 impellor
    choke removed

I know you will probably answer this Bill, I think I found some of my lost top end, had a throttle cable that was only holding on by 1 thread. I also have a RAVE valve starting to leak oil a bit. (waiting on parts to fix that). Anyhow getting ready to fine tune and was wondering what kind of RPM and speed I should see.

Well got it to the river today and was able to get the RPMs up to the 7000-7150 range. I think I'm still running a bit rich at WOT. So I can probably improve that a bit more. My only question now is, with the new lower piched impellor, it feels like I lost a bit of bottom end. I 14/22 just doesn't pull as hard off the take off as the 15/23 did. Will a higher compression milled head help me regain some of the bottom end?

Thanks

Comment

Yes but I doubt the added compression will be worth the price you will pay later for the engine rebuilding. High compression wears out the motor faster.
      Bill O'Neal <br>
      WCM
      <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Working...
      X