bad key?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bad key?

i have a 96xp and lately the dess has been giving me a long beep and i have to put the key on the post a couple of times and finally it works, i have an atlantis dess key for my xp and i have another one that isn't programed to the boat and it makes the same long beep, now if i press the start stop button it will light up my multi gauge and give me the amount of gas i have and also the vts will move up on the needle, thhis dess thing did it too me today with the long beeps and then finally started ran great all day well kinda but that's another topic and i even stopped the motor on the lake to take a break for about 2 minutes and it fired right up but when i got to shore and it sat for like 25 minutes i have not been able to get the 2 beeps to get it started right now

any thoughts on what this could be thanks

i can't take it to my dealer until monday to have them put the programmer on it and see what's going on, maybe try programming another key or it just might be my post i hope not the mpem
    Last edited by jetracer800; 07-10-2004, 05:26 PM.

Re: bad key?

ok i hit it on the cement a couple times (key) and now it beep beeps all day,????

Comment

If you look closely there is a flat metal magnetic encoded strip and a metal ring around the other edge of the inside of the lanyard cap. The metal strip touches the center of the lanyard post, the ring makes contact with the outer ring on the lanyard post.

I don't know what banging it on cement could possibly do to fix your problem, but if it works, what can I say ? Hope it still works in the future..........
      Bill O'Neal, owner of Watercraft Magic in Glendora California, www.watercraftmagic.com

Comment

i also took a pick and tried to pull up on the metal strip on the lanyard cause it looked as though it was indented in a little maybe that was what help make the connection,

i have a newer atlantis lanyard so i'll go to the dealer tomorrow and have it programmed thanks Bill

Comment

Working...
        X