exhaust hose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exhaust hose

i ran my 96xp hard today in a race against a honda i was turning about 7100 rpms and my boat started to bog real bad to where i had full throttle and it just went about 1mph came to shore and found out that rubber hose that goes from the waterbox to the back burned a hole in it, my boat is considered a limited mod, my rossier pipe had a brass mikuni jet in the stinger about a 150 size and i had a jetworks valve running to the stinger, with 3.5psi to the valve, i took off the hose to find out that the through hull fitting also melted and needs replacing, i took the hose off the stinger and the jet fell out, i just put the hose back on the stinger tower without a jet in it for now, i guess i wasn't getting enough water in the water box to begin with? it's a TDR waterbox also if that matters

i was wondering if i could get a radiator hose that's about the same size and work with that, that frickin hose is 35.97?

Re: exhaust hose

Yes, you guessed right, not enough water to the muffler to keep the hoses cool.

An alternate fix is a short piece of muffler tubing to splice the oem hose back together. Just cut out the bad section and install the tubing with a couple of clamps. Cheaper than even a radiator hose.
    Bill O'Neal, owner of Watercraft Magic in Glendora California, www.watercraftmagic.com

Comment

that's exactly what i did i went to advance auto here in my town and bought 2 clamps and a muffler pipe for like 6 bucks, that should work. but i need to replace the thru hull fitting in the back it's pretty burned up and the hose just kinda slid off the back without trouble, so that tells me that if i don't replace it i could run the chance on sinking my boat so i'll spend the 11 bucks for a new one,

do they just push right out the back after you take the brass fitting off and the clamp?

Comment

No they pull out into the hull after you remove the big giant nut holding them onto the hull.
        Bill O'Neal <br>
        WCM
        <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

It sounds like with that kind of heat either your jet was clogged b/c that jet is the right one, or the valve was not opening. I have the same setup and ran it WOT all weekend with no problems. On the valve the best way to check it is on the trailer start it up with the hose off and set it by hand until it pops open just above idle. You never know how much PSI your cooling system is really making.
          97 SPX built to go fast, and jump...What YOU got?

Comment

Working...
          X