teach me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• teach me.

a ride plate, does that go behind the ski or is that the impeller guard where the impeller sucks water in?

what will a ride plate help the ski/rider with?

when is it worth upgrading the reed(s)?

I found out that the 717 doesn't have a rave valve. so I wont ask about them.

what benefit is gained from oem/after market reeds?
    where are these found on the engine?

What do you gain with the oil pump block off kit?

since I am not looking to do to much to the engine of my sea doo what are safe/beneficial upgrades for the 1996 gti externally.

I am looking for mods that will keep the ski stay stable. I usually go out and enjoy spinning out/pulling a skier/ and cruising around.

I am more of a river/lake enthusiast.
    96 sea doo gti

Re: teach me.

The ride plate is on the rear bottom of the ski, the intake grate is in front of that ( where water is sucked into the impeller ). The reeds are located between the intake manifold and the engine. I haven't messed with mine, so maybe someone else could help with the benefits of upgrading. Oil injection pumps - usually the check balls in the oil lines, actually - have been known to fail with no warning. The result is a fried engine. Blocking off the pump and running premix ( gas + oil, mixed in gas can ) insures that your engine is getting properly lubricated, provided that you didn't forget to put the oil in the gas before filling your ski...

Comment

since I understand where the ride plate is now, what does it gain changing the ride plate?

I have seen in other posts that it says changing the reeds doesn't gain any power, then what does it gain you? what is the point of using an aftermarket reed if the oem reeds end up lasting longer most of the time?

I am actually used to premix from my go-ped, and weed wacker. So that might be something I change on the ski not to far down the road.
      96 sea doo gti

Comment

After market reeds give quicker throttle response due to most of them being made of thinner, more flexable material like carbon fiber. Carbon fiber is stronger than fiberglass so the reed can be thinner allowing it to flex easier. When the case sucks fuel/air mixture in, the reed opens quicker and wider @ low range, thus quicker response. Beware, carbon fiber, thinner reeds, fatigue quicker, not as dependable, but if someone likes wrenching on their ski alot, not an issue for them. I don't like to wrench anymore than I have to, Just installed Boysen 2 Stage Power Reeds, a 2 piece fiberglass reed, a smaller reed on top of a larger one with a hole in it, takes less vacumm to open the smaller reed, quicker throttle response @ low and mid range, I notice a large improvement out of the hole and mid-range response. Time will tell, but I measured the thickness and the smaller one was same as stock, and larger reed (the one with the hole) was .020 thicker, so I figure they should last.

Comment

Working...
        X