re: open air power filter element

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• re: open air power filter element

I would like to ask your opinion about the open air filter element that performance groups are selling right now. I was planning to install one but im having 2nd thoughts about it coz of the things i've been hearing that the engine will lean out coz of the lack of fuel supply provided by the map sensor. Is this possible? I also heard that with the filter theres a possibility that the engine will ingest water especially when the pwc takes a nose dive in rough waters. I'm not satisfied one the reasons that performance groups gave me and I would like a 2nd or even 3rd opinion on this matter coz I don't want my engine to blow up. Hope you guys will be able to help me.

Re: open air power filter element

What did they tell you that did not satisfy you?

This question belongs in another forum.
    Bill O'Neal <br>
    WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

they said that they have been testing the filter kit in the engine and run it on the dyno and they have a ski with it installed that has run 50 hours. I believe this principle is very different from the car coz in cars rpms varies from low to high but with the pwc the rpm is always high. will this cause any problems in the future? they say that the sensors provide enough fuel but i'm having doubts about it.

Comment

You state, "This princple". What principle?

The MAS ( mass airflow sensor ) tells the ECU computer to richen the mixture when it senses more air ( or better quality air ) so that the motor does not run lean. Is that the "principle" you are reffering to?

If the fuel mixture stays within oem bounderies, then the filter kit won't reduce the life of the engine.
        Bill O'Neal <br>
        WCM
        <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

yes that was the thing I was reffering about. I'm worried because the engine might be getting a lean supply. Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X