SBN 44s, which intake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBN 44s, which intake?

getting ready to go to 44mm SBNs, just having difficulty finding a manifold that will allow me to keep my oil injection. What options do I have? Is it possible to modify/tap in oil fitting to a Westcoast manifold as I might be able to get a brand new one for $20. Whats the differance between the R&D regular and R&D direct flow? What's the diffenance between mounting holes being side to side vs. up and down?

Thanks

Re: SBN 44s, which intake?

As far as I know you cannot buy a new manifold with the oil injector nozzels installed. You must do it yourself. You can buy injector nozzels from a Polaris dealership. They are identical to the ones on a SD 787 manifold.

I have several 787 dual 44-46mm manifolds here in stock. Priced from $75.00 ( center linked) to $169.95 (R&D Direct Flow).
    The two styles are center linked carbs and parallel mounted. With center linked carbs, the throttle shafts are linked together between the carbs, like older model Sea Doo dual carb setups. The parallel mounted carbs are connected together via a side linkage like on all 787 dual carb setups.

Either will work well for recreational riding. The parallel mounted carbs get the nod for racing applications as they help prevent lean bogging in extremely hard cornering like on an IJSBA race track.
    Bill O'Neal <br>
    WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Thanks Bill, I have an old manifold I can pirate some fittings from. Once I get the carbs I will probably just give you a call to get the parts I need for the setup. the SBNs I might be getting are just the carbs, nothing else.

thanks again!

Comment

Be extremely careful when trying to remove oil injectors. They have a thin casing with a check valve inside. If you pinch them, they will not open and squirt oil.
        Heat is mandatory to let the aluminum grow and release the injector so you can pull it out. Too much heat melts the check valve.
        Bill O'Neal <br>
        WCM

Comment

Cool thanks for the info, if its that difficult I will just cut them out with a dremel. Are they screwed in or press fit/glued?

Comment

Press fit. Put the mainifold into the oven and pull them out.
            Bill O'Neal <br>
            WCM

Comment

Bill, would it be possible to get a modified manifold from you so I know it's done right and I don't have to deal with it?

Daryl

Comment

Sure,

Just call 626 914 9509 on Monday.
                Bill O'Neal, owner of Watercraft Magic in Glendora California, www.watercraftmagic.com

Comment

Cool, thanks. It might not be monday but will probably be some time this week.

Thanks,

Daryl

Comment

Working...
                  X