Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will this impeller work for my Waveraider?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will this impeller work for my Waveraider?

I have a 96 Yamaha Waveraider. I'm going to be rebuilding the motor this winter. I'm going to do some simple bolt-on mods to it, probably a new recreation head with slightly higher compression, read stuffers, Wet Wolf Adjust-A-Thrust, etc. The stock prop is a 13/16. The Solas recommended prop is the YB-CD 13/17 or a Super Camber I 14.5/18, but the YB-SC-S 14/17 is listed as a possible prop as well, and is the recommended prop for the Waverunner 3 with the same size engine (701) and the same size stock prop (13/16).

The thing is I might be able to buy a YB-SC-S for quite a bit cheaper than the YB-CD. In your opinion, keeping in mind the relatively mild mods I want to do - especially the Adjust-A-Thrust, would the YB-SC-S be pretty much as good as any other prop? Do you think there is a significantly better prop, even by another manufacturer such as Skat-Trak or Nu-Jet?

I'm not looking to race - this will be a family ski, but I would like it to go fast enough to be fun, and I would want to be able to tow a skier behind the ski as well, so it's got to have some low-end pulling power as well.

Thanks.

Re: Will this impeller work for my Waveraider?

If your looking into the "SC" series you will need a YB-SC-I 14.5/18 which is designed for stock to mild performance bolt on's. the YB-SC-S 14/17 will probably not be enough impeller unless its for a high altitude application. Will it work??? Probably if your just looking for a replacement.
    www.ISLANDRACINGPERFORMANCE.com

www.ISLANDRACING.net

Comment

Thanks for the help. It doesn't seem to make much sense to spend several hundreds of dollars on mods and then negate it all by putting on too little impeller just to save a few dollars.

Do you, or anyone else, have any insights into the recommended Solas impellers: YB-CD (13/17), Super Camber I (14.5/18) or J (14.7/18.5), or the recommended Skat-Trak impellers: Super Slimline (14/18) or (14.5/18.5) given the mods I mentioned previously?

Comment

i have a solas YB-SC-A. it is a 144mm prop that is a 13/18 pitch if that would help you. it is new in the box, and would sell it for 125.00 + s&h.

give me a email if interested. please remind me the price i quoted, as i have it for sale on other classifieds for 150.00 OBO. thanks. zig

radracingpwc@aol.com
        please visit my link with pics of my many parts for sale

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/radracingpics/my_photos

email radracingpwc@aol.com

Comment

Working...
        X