Question For Bill or Really anyone...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question For Bill or Really anyone...

I was reading in one of ur posts to another person on the board about....

"""You need to find a performance shop in your area that might have some different cable brackets to fabricate and adapt to your carb to hold your cables.

OR, you could have done the easiest ( and cheapest) thing to put an aftermarket filter onto a 38 carb. Use the stock metal 587 air box, remove the screen and buy the K&N filter that will clamp right onto the oem airbox. The base of the airbox has the cable brackets on it."""

can i do this on my seadoo 587 gtx with dual carbs. are u talking about the peice that holds the air silencer? remove that and remove the metal filter and just hook up a cone filter like the one kids use on there cars now a days?.....

can i mess the motor up doiung this any way/
    93 SEADOO GTX
    OIL BLOCKOFF KIT
    DG EXTREEME PERFORMANCE PIPE &WATERBOX
    DG REV LIMITER SET AT 7,000RPM

95 SEADOO XP
    NEED MOTOR.....
    EMAIL IF U HAVE A BLOWN ONE FOR SALE
    OR REBUILT ONE

Re: Question For Bill or Really anyone...

Also will i have to rejet. I have a DG EXTREEME Performance pipe with waterbox,Revlimiter.Solas SD-SC-C. impeller and oil blockoff kit.... what jets do u recommend and where do i buy them...Adam

as far as right now i dont have the exhaust on nore the rev limiter. will be here next week.

If i do the k&n cone will i need to rejet or can i ride with it without rejetting? and do that at the end of the month?
    Last edited by ADAMBOMB; 12-15-2005, 12:24 AM.
    93 SEADOO GTX
    OIL BLOCKOFF KIT
    DG EXTREEME PERFORMANCE PIPE &WATERBOX
    DG REV LIMITER SET AT 7,000RPM

95 SEADOO XP
    NEED MOTOR.....
    EMAIL IF U HAVE A BLOWN ONE FOR SALE
    OR REBUILT ONE

Comment

You can run the K&N without the re-jet if you wish, but you are tempting fate. Your ski will run considerably lean. If you put the other mods on as well without re-jetting, you are gonna blow that motor.

Contact Bill O at watercraft magic (or he will se this post in the AM) and get the full re-jet kit (inlcudng F/A's and carb braces) from him. He will also be able to tell you (or get you real close) to what your jetting will need to be.
      Dan Solie -
      04 RXP (the "Instigator")
      94 xp (freestyle mods)
      95 xp (faster than the 94)
      JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

He will probably have to go with 2.0 n&s but i will let bill decide since i have yet to do mine but i do know that is what i need

Comment

Working...
        X