team butch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• team butch

i have a 720 spx which is all stock,when i bought it there was an aftermarket team butch head included,iam wondering if it is worth putting on? if so is there any other things i should do to the engine prior to install?can i find anything about team butch on the net?thanks,kp06.
    Last edited by KP06; 12-21-2005, 08:39 PM. Reason: spelling

Re: team butch

team butch was a high performance shop / dealership in grand reapids michigan. they had closed up a few years ago. ( new owners, i really miss the shop). all of there parts were good stuff. you could put the head on, but really with out other mods, ( pipe, airfilters, prop, carb work ect) i am not sure if it would be worth the trouble. it really depends on what you are looking for. if you do put the head on, you "may" need to rejet your carbs. Bill O'Neal here on these boards can help you with that, as he is real good with the seadoos, and especially carb jetting / set up.

PS, i still have a good friend of mine, that worked for butch's back in the day, i talk to him every few days.

zig
    please visit my link with pics of my many parts for sale

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/radracingpics/my_photos

email radracingpwc@aol.com

Comment

hey zig,thanks for replying.do you know where i could find aftermarket parts for my 720 new or used? i just wanna go faster and get good performance out of my engine without buying a bigger machine at this time.iam not doing any serious racing but there is a couple machines on the water that i wouldnt mind keeping up to,they're a pretty close race.thanks,kp06.

Comment

Try Bill O'Neal at WaterCraftMagic www.watercraftmagic.com or 1 (626) 914-9509.
        John Kubiak
        Powersports Technical Training Professional
        Las Vegas, Nevada
        Sea-Doo Tech 13736
        PWC Tech since 1988 (22 years)
        PowerSports since 1976 (34 years)
        NEVER BUY TIRES AT A "BLOW-OUT" SALE
        Please do not use Private Messaging, use the forums.

Comment

yes, bill is the man. give a email, PM, or call. he'll fix you right up. zig

Comment

what are the domes with that head - pump gas ??? you should get a little acceleration boost on a 720 with a little compression bump, but if you're unsure what the head is, where you're squish is, what you're impeller pitch is, yada yada yada, get help.

what are you looking for.?? lots of good used 720 mod parts for sale out there. some will make it suck gas out fast!!!

heck, zig had a fluid dampener pto in his parts that might work for your application. it will save you at least a pound off the stock pto - rev a little quicker - and in the long run save that long heavy 720 crank on a SPX - especially if you decide to mod a little and up rpm past stock rev limiter setting.

carbs would be a consideration - if it's stock, the door is wide open as long as your wallet is too.

Comment

yes, i still have the vibratexh PTO here. i also have a complete factory pipe system, with a new chamer, and ECW with a micro touch rev. limiter.

zig

Comment

Working...
              X