Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 17/20 skat trak impeller

Hey everyone-

I'm looking for an impeller for my 587 white motor. It will have a bigger carb and OEM 720 exhaust. I'm thinking of putting on a 14/19 stainless impeller, but I found a 17/20 skat trak on Ebay for a good price...so far.

Any input as to the performance of the 17/20 versus the 14/19? Is that too aggressive for my motor's output? Give a shout. Thanks-
    -Brett-
    I'm a newbie...
    The Plan: Back to square one

Re: 17/20 skat trak impeller

just whanted to know how did you make out with the bigger carbs and just how big did you go and does it run good?i am looking to do the same with my xp since my carbs broke this past season!and what intake are you using for the bigger carbs?:emoticont Oh! did you get the skat trak impeller? you should try a SOLAS impeller!:D
    Originally posted by 93SeaDooSP
    Hey everyone-

I'm looking for an impeller for my 587 white motor. It will have a bigger carb and OEM 720 exhaust. I'm thinking of putting on a 14/19 stainless impeller, but I found a 17/20 skat trak on Ebay for a good price...so far.

Any input as to the performance of the 17/20 versus the 14/19? Is that too aggressive for my motor's output? Give a shout. Thanks-
    -Brett-

Comment

[Quote]just whanted to know how did you make out with the bigger carbs and just how big did you go and does it run good?i am looking to do the same with my xp since my carbs broke this past season!and what intake are you using for the bigger carbs?:emoticont Oh! did you get the skat trak impeller? you should try a SOLAS impeller!:D [Quote]

Wow. Slow down junior. If you paid attention to my post I have NOT gotten A new carb yet. Not doing dual carbs, just one. I don't know how big I'm going to go with a carb, because my ski does not yet run. I will not be changing my intake manifold, but may have it slightly honed a bit bigger.

I've seen good posts about both skat trak and solas impellers. The idea behind buying the 17/20 skat trak is that it may be able to come pretty cheap.

The only reason I wrote that I will be having a bigger carb and a performance exhaust is to give the tech-savvy guys an idea of what kind of setup I will be running, so they can give more accurate recommendations.
      If anyone has any ideas on if this 17/20 impeller is a decent pitch for my setup, let me know.
      I'm a newbie...

Comment

personally, i think a 17/20, is WAY too steep fot you. unless you are going to build a major mod 580.

depending on the ski you have, a 580 in the SP came with a 18.8p alum. rpop. a 13/18 would be a good choice, at the highest you may want a 14/19 slim line.

if you need a prop, i have some here in stock. i have some straight blade, stainless ones for less, (if you are on a budget) that would work good, but i need more info in your set up. email me direct if interested. zig
        please visit my link with pics of my many parts for sale

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/radracingpics/my_photos

email radracingpwc@aol.com

Comment

I'm sorry! but maybe you should pay a bit more attention as to what you write when you try to express your ideas:emoticont becouse like your self i did not say exactly how big and regardless what you are doing if its a thousand of an inch or just flat out going the next size your still going big!and just becouse i said big didn't mean giant big keep in mind depending on the year all ski's are jetted different even if they are not so big:( or remain the same as per size in diameter...... its O.K.:D 93seadoo sp
          Originally posted by john zigler
          personally, i think a 17/20, is WAY too steep fot you. unless you are going to build a major mod 580.

depending on the ski you have, a 580 in the SP came with a 18.8p alum. rpop. a 13/18 would be a good choice, at the highest you may want a 14/19 slim line.

if you need a prop, i have some here in stock. i have some straight blade, stainless ones for less, (if you are on a budget) that would work good, but i need more info in your set up. email me direct if interested. zig

Comment

cryptonite, are you replying to me?

i was answering the question, of the person who started this post. (93 seadoosp) whoa was asking about a 17/20 prop.

i was giving my opinion. please take it as such.

zig

Comment

Dude please forgive me.. not intended for you just the person who asumed too much without even specifiing anything at all as to what he actually was doing! at all....:o
              Originally posted by john zigler
              cryptonite, are you replying to me?

i was answering the question, of the person who started this post. (93 seadoosp) whoa was asking about a 17/20 prop.

i was giving my opinion. please take it as such.

zig

Comment

no worries. zig

Comment

The best impellor for top speed is the 14x19 Solas C impellor. A decent all around impellor is the Solas 13x18, or Skat Trak swirl 14x19.

In order to put any carb larger than a 38mm Mikuni on your motor, you will need an aftermarket intake manifold, as the 44mm and larger Mikuni's have a wider bolt pattern than the 38mm carbs.

A very good 587 setup is a single 44mm Mikuni carb kit with intake manifold. Use a 147 degree rotary valve timed at 65 degree closing, a 14x19 Solas C impellor, twist the stator as far advanced as possible and install a milled or aftermarket head with 170-175 psi pumping compression and run 92 octane gasoline.
                  You will gain 5-7 mph with much better throttle response.
                  Bill O'Neal <br>
                  WCM
                  <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Thanks for the helpful info Bill and Zig.

Give it up, cryptonite. I gave enough information for a decent recommendation. STOCK 587, except for aftermarket exhaust and bigger carb. Very simple.

Go ahead and close the thread, Mod.
                    I'm a newbie...

Comment

thanks bill that was good idea i think i will try it!:emoticonw
                      Originally posted by Bill O'Neal2
                      The best impellor for top speed is the 14x19 Solas C impellor. A decent all around impellor is the Solas 13x18, or Skat Trak swirl 14x19.

In order to put any carb larger than a 38mm Mikuni on your motor, you will need an aftermarket intake manifold, as the 44mm and larger Mikuni's have a wider bolt pattern than the 38mm carbs.

A very good 587 setup is a single 44mm Mikuni carb kit with intake manifold. Use a 147 degree rotary valve timed at 65 degree closing, a 14x19 Solas C impellor, twist the stator as far advanced as possible and install a milled or aftermarket head with 170-175 psi pumping compression and run 92 octane gasoline.
                      You will gain 5-7 mph with much better throttle response.

Comment

Working...
                      X