Ceramic and Dry lube Coatings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ceramic and Dry lube Coatings

I purchased an engine two years ago from SBT and have been SO PLEASED with it. I have put many hours on it and I am probably looking at a tear down/replacement next winter. I was considering having the head, head cover and exhaust ceramic coated and while I am at it maybe a piston coating (Dry film lubricant).
    I know that SBT has done extensive endurance testing on factory and their own reman'd engines. I was wondering if you have ever done any testing with these products?
    I would be willing to pay the extra amount for a fresh SBT engine with these options and a warranty. It is just an idea. Please look into this if you havent already. I'm sure I am not the only person that would buy one.

Thanx-

Re: Ceramic and Dry lube Coatings

SBT engines come with hard anodized piston crowns and some feature friction coatings on the skirts.

There is no good reason for ceramic coatings on PWC wet exhaust parts though, other than to make them look pretty. Unlike a dry automobile 4 stroke header system, the 2 stroke pwc exhaust systems are waterjacketed exhaust pipes and do not benefit from the heat holding and heat shielding properties that ceramic coatings offer.
    Bill O'Neal <br>
    WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

i was thinking the water jackets as well, i am looking for corrosion reduction. I had to weld the plugs on the exhaust pipe when i went with the new engine last time. i dont want my exhaust to be eaten from the inside out again.
      Of course the corrosion was from the previous owners neglect after riding and not flushing everytime.
      I appreciate the answer Bill!
      Regards
      Mark

Comment

LOL!
        That is why they make flush kits and salt-away......
        Bill O'Neal <br>
        WCM
        <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Working...
        X