Spark Plug caps.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spark Plug caps.

Went to the dealer this weekend and asked for a replacement spark plug cap for my Seadoo SPX, went home put the caps on and the plugs did not fit... the cap is too small for my pluggs... they are not seadoo caps, but aftermarket caps made by ngk... I dont have the part numbers on hand... is there a special way the spark plugs should go in or did the dealer screw up again? this is only the third part I have bought of him and the second one that does not work for my ski.

Re: Spark Plug caps.

I think I may have found the answer in someone elses post. I believe I am supposed to put the plugs on without the resistor caps. Is there any disadvantage to this?

Comment

You need to get the correct Sea-Doo parts, period.
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

it should fit with the resistor cp on it it is a resistor plug for a reason

Comment

according to this thread: http://www.sbtontheweb.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2748
          someone says, and it looks like tech support agrees that the plug cap goes directly to the plug without resistor on the NGK plug caps... is this not true??? I am just curious because this would be why my plugs dont fit.

I have a spark plug cap from my polaris that is the same part number as the one for the doo and Im using that for the time being... same part number, same part, right?

Comment

Correct.
            SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
            We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
            Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

ok sounds good.

Comment

Working...
              X