Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any info on a Zodiac RIB ProJet Maxi Jet with OMC motor appreciated.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any info on a Zodiac RIB ProJet Maxi Jet with OMC motor appreciated.

I'm about to but a 96 model Zodiac Pro-jet to use as a dingy and for a fun type boat. I'm concerend about the OMC 2 stroke motor. The only reason I am concerened is because I didn't know OMC made 2 stoke motors. Has anyone ever worked on one? Are parts available?

How fast would a 14 foot RIB go with a 115 hp jet drive motor? Are these things any fun?

Re: Any info on a Zodiac RIB ProJet Maxi Jet with OMC motor appreciated.

Like for instance, rumor has it that a 96 OMC 2 stroke motor is actually from a 96 yamaha waverraider. if this is true then could I put a gp12r motor in its place?

Comment

Any info appreciated.

Comment

I am pretty sure that OMC stands for Outboard Marine Corporation. They were around as long as johnson and evinrude, and possibly under the same corporate umbrella for a while.

Comment

I have worked with this craft alot in the fire and rescue world and the 14' rib is a blast to say the least. with the 115hp. you can look for about 40 50 mph but with the merc.240hp it will plane out in about 25 feet and run in the up 80smph there a lot of fun but they will hurt you in a heart beat. did you know this craft has brakes yes i said brakes. be on plane about have throttle in one swifft motion move the throttle from forwared to rev.and throttle up about a1/4 to 1/2 this bout will stop in its tracks the back will rar up and you will get soaked but its sooo much fun. to cear water out of the hull just throttle up in froward and the water will go out the scuppers.:emoticons

Comment

Working...
          X