winterizing 98 770 tigershark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• winterizing 98 770 tigershark

My boyfriend has a 98 770 Tigershark and we need to know how to winterize it. I have a 99 Yamaha 1200 LTD and it came with a flushing hose and his didnt. So we need to know where we can find a hose and where we connect it because he doesnt have a place to connect it or we couldnt find it. We need to know exactly how to winterize the 98 tigershark.

Re: winterizing 98 770 tigershark

Look in the engine compartment on the electrical box and you'll see a set of instructions(maybe) for draining your exhaust. If not you need to reach down the port (left) side of exh. and turn petcock one-quarter turn, verify water is flowing from fitting, then lean machine approx. 45 degrees port to drain. After drained I flush ski with environmentally friendly antifreeze.(-100 below propylene glycol) bluish green in color. no need to fill engine or exhaust as all the water has been evacuated. Fog the engine as you near the end o f the flush, spray engine compartment with a water displacing substance of your liking and disconnect and remove the battery. If I missed anything somebody will fill you in I'm sure. And stabilize or drain the fuel from the tank. I prefer draining it and starting with fresh in the spring but....

Comment

Working...
    X