X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trailer Parts - Wheels & tyres

Hi,
    Hope its the right section!

Looking to build my own trailer - pretty much sorted apart from the wheels & tyres. What i'm after is a decent sized (10" MIN) ballon tyre, like the ones you see on trikes etc.

They need to be speed rated for about 60mph atleast

Does ANYONE have an idea where to go? I've looked & looked but all i can find are the silly thin atv style..

I figure with the bigger ballon style tyres, reversing down a sandy beach will be far quicker without the tyres sinking all the time.

Could someone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks
    Always on the hunt for servicable Tigershark 770 Daytona (1996 & 1997) parts. Complete CDI anyone?? '97 I need EVERYTHING motor related... Including the Motor :)

Re: Trailer Parts - Wheels & tyres

The best ballon tire for the beach is not going to be able to handle highway speeds.

You can buy wider than normal trailer tires which should handle sand as well as the tow vehicle.. Here is one example.

http://shop.easternmarine.com/index....categoryID=157
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*
    Just because you are paranoid, it doesn't mean people aren't talking about you

Comment

Originally posted by dowkk
      The best ballon tire for the beach is not going to be able to handle highway speeds.

You can buy wider than normal trailer tires which should handle sand as well as the tow vehicle.. Here is one example.

http://shop.easternmarine.com/index....categoryID=157
      Thanks! just gotta try and find sommit like that here in the UK now - hate to think what the shipping would be usa - uk
      Always on the hunt for servicable Tigershark 770 Daytona (1996 & 1997) parts. Complete CDI anyone?? '97 I need EVERYTHING motor related... Including the Motor :)

Comment

TOWSURE in sheffield u.k. do some good wheel and tyre set ups ready fitted also do a great range of mini hubs and axles ect might be worth giving them a buzz!!!:emoticont they do mail order and are pretty responsive.
        Always up for new locations in and around the uk coast some where warm pref(got to be the south coast then)

Comment

Try snowmobile trailer tires.There alot wider and speed rated. Some people here use them for the same reason.

Comment

Thanks - I'll look around some more

Comment

The SBT Forums are for SBT Product Support ONLY. For all general PWC support/discussion, please post on www.pwctoday.com.

Thank you - SBT Mgt.
              SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
              We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
              Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
              X