This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning engine that has been sitting in pieces

I've had my engine out of my ski for a about 8 months and the motor is in pieces and has been sitting in a garage. I neglected to cover it up with anything and I am wondering what would be the best way to clean it up and get all of the dust and what not out of it. For it will be going back together very soon after my cylinders return from the machine shop. I was thinking maybe the machine shop could dip the parts in their solutions but I wasn't sure what that would do to the bottom end barings. Let me know what would be the best way to go about cleaning this up.

Re: Cleaning engine that has been sitting in pieces

I would go to wal mart and get a few cans of brake parts cleaner don't use it on any plastic and I would coat everything in builders grease when I go back together with it don't clean or grease any thing till you get ready to go back to geather the grease acts like a magnet to dirt you don't have to use lithium grease but get some type of lube on the parts after you clean them that cleaner will remove any oil film this will also make them rust after a time if it is very hummed :beer

Comment

Re: Cleaning engine that has been sitting in pieces

The SBT Forums are for SBT Product Support ONLY. For all general PWC support/discussion, please post on www.pwctoday.com.

Thank you - SBT Mgt.
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
      X