New Motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Motor

I had my sbt motor professionally installed. after the break in fuel was leaking out around the top of the motor where the domes are bolted on. Actually around the nuts themselves. They contacted you guys and was told to retorque them. Is this common on a polaris sl750? I have heard it is common on sead00s. Will this effect my motors life?

Retorqing bolts, especially head bolts, is not only common, but required. We specifically mention it in the owners manual that it needs to be done at least annually. This not only applies to SBT, or rebuilds in general, but all engines.

Occasionally bolts will vibrate loose sooner than later - possibly due to shipping, or installation - who knows - and they need to be retorqued soon after the initial installation. But regardless, always check your bolts on a regular basis.

No, this will not effect your engine life.

Please give us a call if you run into any problems or have any more questions!

Comment

You sure are on top of things Bryan. Thanks for the info. I was a lil worried. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Bryan, I brought that issue up with Greg Pickren 6 or 7 months ago and at that time it wasn't your policy. I am glad to see you guys decided to recommend this. It is a mandatory thing to do with a good quality torque wrench. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
        X