No announcement yet.

How long to charge an Odyssey dry cell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long to charge an Odyssey dry cell?

Hi. I bought the '96 XP with any Odyssey dry cell battery. This is my first experience with a sealed type battery and I am not sure how long I should be charging it. I use a 1 amp 12 volt battery charger. How long should I charge?

thanks,

Brian

I would HIGHLY recommend you go to an auto store, Kmart, Wlmart, etc. and get a good AUTO charger - set it and forget it...

Comment

How many amps should the auto charger be?

thanks,

Brian

Comment

It needs to have a 2A setting, in addition to 10 and whatever else.

Comment

Whatever you do, don't charge the battery on anything more than the two amp setting while the battery is still hooked up in you XP. Hitting the battery with the 10amp or higher setting (or jumping from a running car for that manner) can kill your MPEM.

As Bryan indicated, get an automatic charger with a 2amp (or less) setting, then set and forget.

-Scope

Comment

Scope
            That is good advice. But you should never use a battery charger while the battery is conneted on anything that has a computer. Most non commercial battery charges will let AC current bleed through into the battery. This will not hurt the battery, But computers DO NOT LIKE AC VOLTAGE on DC cicuits. This in most cases will not cause any trouble at the time. But down the road you are more likely to have computer problems.
            This has become a major problem in the Automotive Industy. And most people do not even know it is a problem.
            Wayne B

Comment

Working...
            X