1100 DI reliability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1100 DI reliability

First, I want to say thank you to SBT for such an informative forum for a newbie. I am looking at a used 2000 1100 DI. Is the fuel injection pretty reliable on this model. I assume if something does go wrong it will probably be big dollars. Also, what should the compression test out at? Thanks!

I have not heard of any problems related to those fuel injectors.

The compression should be somewhere in the range of 125-145 on those engines.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Re: 1100 DI reliability

i have a 2000 DI and i havent had any injector trouble

Comment

The 1100 itsself is very reliable and the DI system is just as reliable.
        Paul

2001-Level 2 Ultra 150
        2002-1100STX DI
        2004-15F
        2002-30' Baja Outlaw

Comment

I would steer clear of the 2002 models. They have had alot of EMM problems. This is not my experience, just what I was told from a Kawasaki insider.

Originally posted by slickracer
          First, I want to say thank you to SBT for such an informative forum for a newbie. I am looking at a used 2000 1100 DI. Is the fuel injection pretty reliable on this model. I assume if something does go wrong it will probably be big dollars. Also, what should the compression test out at? Thanks!
          2001 Kawasaki STX1100 DI (w/GroupK Stage 1)<br />1997 Sea-Doo GSX<br />2004 Kawasaki SX-R

Comment

Working...
          X